Robert Wittmann takes a tailored, thoughtful, and proactive approach to complex intellectual property issues across a wide spectrum of technologies, with a particular emphasis in the areas of electrical, computer, software, and mechanical engineering. He complements his deep technical knowledge with an acute appreciation of the long-term business and financial effects of the litigation, legal opinion, patent preparation and prosecution, and post-grant proceedings matters he handles for his clients.
Meticulous in his preparation, Wittmann provides patent representation that focuses on each client’s unique objectives, both as to the issues at hand and those that may arise in the future. He prides himself on working closely with his clients so that he fully understands their concerns and goals, emphasizing a dialogue that informs his approach and gives his clients a holistic understanding of the law, facts, and options.
Regularly recognized by his colleagues for his professionalism and successes in intellectual property matters, Robert Wittmann has brought his advocacy skills to forums across the country and his insights to patent issues in a multitude of disciplines, including matters involving:
- Email systems
- Linux kernel network routing
- Interactive voice response
- SAS/SATA connectors
- Internet security protocols and network firewalls
- Electronic file formats
- Network servers
- Network address translation devices
- Software drivers
- Circuit simulation and verification software
- Digital imaging and image compression
- Medical imaging, and medical treatment and diagnostic equipment
- Medical laboratory automation
- Electronic signaling equipment
- Gaming metrics
- Power supplies
- Integrated circuits
- Electronic prepress equipment
- Capacitive and optical sensors
- Heat exchangers, liquid crystal, LCD and OLED displays
- Air and fluid filters
- Drywall and mining equipment
Wittmann handled cases in a diverse array of district courts that include:
- (E.D. Tex, N.D. Cal.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to image compression technology.
- (N.D. Ill.) Represented client asserting patent relating to HVAC valve technology.
- (N.D. Ill.) Represented client in trade secret action.
- (C.D. Ill.) Represented client asserting patent infringement and false advertising claim relating to mining truck body design.
- (N.D. Cal.) Defended clients in multidistrict litigation against patent infringement claim relating to interactive call processing.
- (S.D. Cal.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to medical image display technology.
- (C.D. Cal.) Represented client asserting patents relating to electrical connector technology.
- (D.S.C.) Represented client asserting patent relating to light bar technology.
- (D. Minn.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to air filter technology.
- (D. Del.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to LCD technology.
- (E.D. Va., D. Del.) Defended clients against claims including breach of contract, copyright and unfair competition and asserted claim of patent infringement.
- (D. Neb.) Represented client asserting patents relating to laboratory automation.
- (M.D. Fla.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to medical image display technology.
- (E.D. Tex.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to medical digital image storage and retrieval technology.
- (E.D. Tex.) Defended client against patent infringement claim relating to Linux kernel routing code.