The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Ohio State Law Review, Events Editor
- Moot Court Evidence Team, Member
- Asian Pacific American Law Society, President
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S. in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2004
- Pi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honor Society), President
- Student Action for Indian Volunteerism and Aid, President
Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic, 2003
Nimita L. Parekh
Ms. Parekh’s practice focuses primarily in intellectual property litigation with an emphasis in the areas of trademarks, trade dress, misappropriation and unfair competition, patents, and internet-related matters. She represents clients in a wide range of industries, including fashion apparel and luxury goods, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, insurance and financial services, industrial products, and consumer goods.
Ms. Parekh represents clients in federal courts around the U.S., and she is engaged in all aspects of litigation. She has experience preparing pleadings, conducting discovery and deposition preparation, researching and drafting motions, and preparing for trial. She also has experience handling proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and coordinating foreign trademark litigation on behalf of clients based in the U.S.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Parekh has expertise in connection with the protection of proprietary rights on the internet, having successfully handled domestic and foreign domain name disputes. She also regularly counsels clients in online brand protection and compliance matters for social media and user-generated content websites.
Prior to joining Leydig, Voit & Mayer, Ms. Parekh served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Justice Maureen O’Connor of The Supreme Court of Ohio. During law school, she clerked for the Delaware City Prosecutor’s Office, where she was responsible for prosecuting a wide-range of misdemeanor criminal cases, and she was also a summer associate at the Office of General Counsel for Nationwide Insurance in Columbus, Ohio. Prior to law school, Ms. Parekh interned for the Hon. Harriet Harman QC MP at the House of Commons, in London, England.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indian-American Bar Association of Chicago
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
Bar Admissions and Registrations
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois